WiSys would like to congratulate all the award winners who were recognized for their contributions to innovation, students, universities, and Wisconsin at the WiSys SPARK Symposium held at UW-Oshkosh in the summer of 2023. There were four individual Innovation Champions, as well as a 14-member planning committee. WiSys would also like to recognize two Universities of Wisconsin faculty who received the Carl. E Gulbrandsen Innovator of the Year award.
Innovators of the Year:
- Dr. David E. Lewis, Professor Emeritus at UW-Eau Claire
- Dr. Sujat Sen, Assistant Professor at UW-La Crosse
- Elaine Coughlin, Director of Investments and Entrepreneurship at Pablo Group
- Matthew Jewell, Associate Professor at UW-Eau Claire
- William Parker, Associate Professor at UW-Parkside
- Philip J. Parker, Interim Dean for the College of Engineering, Mathematics, and Science at UW-Platteville
- UW-Green Bay’s WiSys Innovation On-Ramp Planning Committee: Susan Craver, Nazim Choudhury, Susan Gallagher-Lepak, Doreen Higgins, Wendi Holschbach, Myunghee Jun, Kim Krueger, Kathryn Marten, Stephanie Rhee, Nischal Thapa, Dean VonDras, Evelyn Olson, Tony Hanson, and Adhira Sunkara
To see pictures from this year’s event, click here.
WiSys is a nonprofit organization that works with faculty, staff, students and alumni of the Universities of Wisconsin to facilitate cutting-edge research programs, develop and commercialize discoveries, and foster a spirit of innovative and entrepreneurial thinking across the state.
WiSys is the lead organization for a prestigious National Science Foundation Engines Type 1 Development Award in Sustainable Agriculture. Learn more about the grant here.