WiSys recommends faculty entrepreneurs follow the steps below when licensing a technology from WiSys to start a company. These steps are explained in greater detail in the following pages.
Please note that WiSys must receive an acceptable business plan and a startup application from your company for approval before agreements can be finalized.
Steps to Obtaining a License
Before meeting with WiSys:
- Determine feasibility of proposed company
- Identify which founders will actively participate in startup company
- Request a standstill period, if desired
- Complete full business plan and startup application
- Submit business plan and startup application for review by WiSys' internal Startup Committee and, if needed, approval by its Board of Trustees
- WiSys internal Startup Committee and, if needed, WiSys Board, approves finalization of agreements
- Finalizes terms of agreements with your company
- Completes agreements
- Monitors agreements with your company on an ongoing basis to ensure obligations and milestones are met