MADISON—WiSys is seeking grant applications for small-scale, proof-of-concept research projects.
The WiSys Spark Grant program, with awards of $500 to $10,000 per project, supports faculty, academic staff and student research projects at regional UW System campuses that may:
- Have existing preliminary findings.
- Demonstrate the commercial potential of a new concept, technology or invention.
- Highlight the need for additional support to advance a technology to the marketplace.
Deadlines vary by campus:
- Feb. 16: UW-Platteville, UW-Stout and UW-Whitewater.
- March 16: UW-Eau Claire, UW-La Crosse, UW Oshkosh and UW-Stevens Point.
- April 6: UW-Green Bay, UW-Parkside, UW-River Falls and UW-Superior.
For more information, individual campus contacts and application details, visit wisys.org/grants/spark.
WiSys is a nonprofit organization that works with faculty, staff, students and alumni of the UW System to facilitate cutting-edge research programs, develop and commercialize discoveries and foster a spirit of innovative and entrepreneurial thinking across the state.