UW System Administration, in collaboration with WiSys Technology Foundation, Inc., offers two research grant programs to UW faculty: the Applied Research Grant (ARG) and the Applied Research-WiSys Technology Advancement Grant (AR-WiTAG).
ARG is offered as a fourteen (14) month program for all disciplines at all institutions.
AR-WiTAG is offered as a fourteen (14) month program in science and technology fields only and is not available for UW-Madison and UW-Milwaukee researchers. However, Madison and Milwaukee faculty may collaborate on AR-WiTAG grant proposals submitted by other UW institutions.
Due date for 2019-2020 intent to submit - November 26, 2018.
Due date for full proposals* for 2019-2020 - January 28, 2019.
*Applicants must submit an intent to submit in order to be eligible to submit a full proposal.
Intent to Submit Due:
Full Proposal Due:
State Release of Funds:
Funding Must be Used by:
Final Report Due by:
Applied Research Grant Information Sessions
Join WiSys Regional Associates and your local campus grant's office to learn more about UW System Applied Research Grants programs.
The following information sessions will be held across the UW System. Webinar spaces are also available for those that cannot attend in person.
October 3, 2018 from 10:00am-12:00pm
- UW-Eau Claire, Old Library, Room 1128
- UW Oshkosh, Sage Hall, Room 2239
- UW-Parkside, Wyllie Hall, Room D122
October 4, 2018 from 10:00am-12:00pm
- UW-River Falls, University Center, Chippewa River Room (322)
- UW-Whitewater, Andersen Library, Room 2254
October 24, 2018 from 2:00pm-4:00pm
- UW-Green Bay, University Union, The 1965 Room
- UW-Platteville, Markee Pioneer Student Center, Wisconsin Room
- UW-Stout, Memorial Student Center, Cedar Room
October 25, 2018 from 2:00-4:00pm
- UW-La Crosse, Murphy Library, Room 150
- UW-Stevens Point, Lee Sherman Dreyfus University Center, Room 378
- UW-Superior, CETL Conference Room, Swenson 2074
For more information or if you have questions, please contact [email protected]
RSVP here to secure your space!