Faculty and student researchers will learn to think about the problem they’re solving, who they’re solving it for and define their project using a problem-solution-application framework. An expert panel of researchers, entrepreneurs and research administrators will explain why such a framework can help researchers attract more funding and help their research have greater real-world impact.
- Learn how an entrepreneurial mindset can help you become a more successful researcher.
- Develop a methodology to focus your research to maximize the real-world value of your work.
- Hear what it takes to move your research beyond the lab into the marketplace.
- Marcia J. Harr Bailey, UW-Platteville
- Robert McGaff, UW-La Crosse
- Deborah Lundin, Manager of Research Development at WiSys
- Adhira Sunkara, Manager of Innovative Ventures at WiSys
This event is part of the 2021 WiSys SPARK Symposium Virtual Series—which honors faculty, staff and student research, innovation and entrepreneurship in the UW System. For more, visit wisys.org/spark.